2/16/11

California

In two weeks, Audrey and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary by hopping on a plane bound for Anaheim, California. We are going to do what we do best. Adventure. It has been too long for two wanderers such as us. From the very beginning of our relationship we have known it is our lot in life to journey. On one of our first dates I turned to her and in my most pretentious of tones said...
"You're my Gypsy Queen."
Little did I know how true that statement would be. Not a year later, Audrey would fly off to Romania for 4 months. Romania. The home of the Gypsies. Coincidentally, I have Romanian Gypsy heritage. Needless to say, being on the road is in our blood.
We've been all over country in the past five years. Louisiana. Florida. Texas. And now we return to California for the second time. Who knows what we will find there. We may find nothing. We may find good times screaming down Splash Mountain. We may find our calling.

We may find God waiting with a sign when we get off the plane.

The sign may read "Jake and Audrey, Stay for awhile".

2 comments:

  1. Jake.Romania is the home of Romanians,people of ancient Roman ancestry.The original home of Roma Gypsies is India.In Europe Roma Gypsies are to be found in every country as a smaller or larger minority.Get your facts straight since,as an educated person,I bet you have no desire to enforce the well established stereotype of "Ignorant Americans"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clau2002 for the information.

    I'm just happy someone thought I was educated. I most likely re-enforce the Ignorant Americans stereotype everyday.. haha.

    No seriously, thanks for the correction.

    ReplyDelete